For latest Weather Updates visit here
|Naegleria Fowleri Ameba Information
||Oxy # 1 and Hwy 70
||Bayou Corne Updates|
|Normal Activity||Increased Activity||Emergency Conditions|| Latest Update file|
for details visit here
Governor Jindal Declares State of Emergency Due to Strong Storms
BATON ROUGE (April 27, 2015) Governor Bobby Jindal has declared a state of emergency due to severe weather across South Louisiana. A very strong storm system quickly moved across the state this morning. The National Weather Service (NWS) issuing a series of Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Severe Weather Statements, Tornado Watches and Tornado Warnings as part of this event. More dangerous storms are possible tonight and tomorrow.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION SOURCES:
- For lists of flood alerts across the state from the National Weather Service: click here
- For information about Road Closures: click here
- For weather safety tips: GetAGameplan
- For contact information for local Office of Emergency Preparedness: click here
- For regular updates through social media: facebook, twitter
You can also get road closure information by calling 511 or the Louisiana State Police Road closure hotline at 1-800-469-4828.
- Do not walk through flowing water, as drowning is the number one cause of flood deaths. Six inches of moving water can knock you off your feet;
- Do not drive your car through a flooded area, as it does not take much water to carry away a vehicle. Do not drive around road barriers, because you do not know if the road of a bridge has been washed out;
- Stay away from power lines and electrical wires, as electrical current can travel through water. Report downed power lines to your utility company.
Other Informational Sites:
Looking for more updates? Check out the Archives Section at the bottom of the left-hand column.